1. Sign on to online banking or the mobile banking app and from the menu, select “Interac e-Transfer”
2. Select “Send Money”
3. To add a new contact, enter and confirm their name and their email address, mobile number or both.
4. Enter the amount and account you’d like to transfer money from and select “Continue”.
5. Create a Security Question and Answer.
- Choose a question from the list or create your own.
- Select a security question with an answer that only you and your contact know.
- Enter you answer.
If the contact is resigistered for Autodeposits you won't be asked to enter a secuity question and answer.
6. Your recipient receives and claims the money you sent. If you send money with Interac e-Transfer between 8:00pm and midnight (ET), your recipient will get an email dated the following day. Your recipient has 30 days to claim the transfer. After that, we’ll send you an email notifying you that it has expired. You can then reclaim the transfer amount. To claim the money, your recipient selects the link in their email, selects their bank from the list, and enters the answer to the security question. If the recipient is registered for Autodeposits, the funds are automatically deposited into their bank account.
If the contact is registered for Autodeposit, the funds are automativally deposited into their bank account.
There is no fee to send money using Interac e-Transfer.
The following sent Interac e-Transfer® limits apply:
- In any 24-hour period: $3,000
- In any 7-day period: $10,000
- In any 30-day period: $30,000