1. Sign on to online banking or the mobile banking app and from the menu, select “Interac e-Transfer.”
2. Select “Send Money.”
3. Choose your contact or add a new one. To add a new contact, enter and confirm their name and their email address, mobile number or both.
4. Enter the amount and account you’d like to transfer money from and select “Continue.”
5. Create a Security Question and Answer.
- Choose a question from the list or create your own.
- Select a security question with an answer that only you and your contact know.
- Enter your answer.
If the contact is registered for Autodeposit, you won't be asked to enter a security question and answer.
6. Your contact will receive an email or text message to claim the money you sent. If you send money with Interac e-Transfer between 8:00 pm and 12:00 am ET, your contact will get an email or text message dated the following day. To claim the money, your contact can select the link in their email or text message, then their bank from the list, and enter the answer to the security question. Your contact has 30 days to claim the transfer. After that, we’ll send you an email notifying you that it has expired. Then, the transfer amount will be returned to your deposit account automatically.
If the contact is registered for Autodeposit, the funds are automatically deposited into their bank account.
There is no fee to send money using Interac e-Transfer.
The following sent Interac e-Transfer limits apply:
- In any 24-hour period: $3,000
- In any 7-day period: $10,000
- In any 30-day period: $30,000