1. Sign on to online banking or the mobile banking app and from the menu, select “Interac e-Transfer”
2. Select “Send Money”
3. Enter the amount and account you’d like to transfer money from. You can also add an optional message that is viewable on the Interac e-Transfer Status page. Select “Continue” to proceed.
4. Create a security question and answer
5. Your recipient receives and claims the money you sent
Note: If you send money with Interac e-Transfer between 8:00 pm and midnight (ET), your recipient will get an email dated the following day. Your recipient has 30 days to claim the transfer. After that, we’ll send you an email notifying you that you can reclaim the transfer amount.
There is no fee to send money using Interac e-Transfer.
The following sent Interac e-Transfer limits apply:
- In any 24-hour period: $3,000
- In any 7-day period: $10,000
- In any 30-day period: $30,000
If the contact is registered for Autodeposit, you won't be asked to enter a security question and answer as the funds are automatically deposited into their bank account.