† The Simplii Financial™ up to $3,000 Cash Reward offer (the “Offer”) is available to all Eligible mortgages. “Eligible” mortgages are new residential mortgages for which an application has been initiated and submitted for credit adjudication between October 18, 2021 and February 28, 2022 (the “Offer Period”) that meet all of the terms and conditions below.
The Offer will be awarded in the following manners:
Qualifying clients will receive the following amount (“Cash Reward”) if all of the below conditions are met:
• $3,000, if the principal amount of the mortgage is $750,000 or more;
• $1,500, if the principal amount of the mortgage is between $500,000 and $749,999;
• $1,000, if the principal amount of the mortgage is between $300,000 and $499,999; or
• $750, if the principal amount of the mortgages is between $100,000 and $299,999.
Qualifying clients will receive an amount that is $250 less than the amount set out above for the applicable mortgage principal amount if all of the below conditions are met with exception of sections 3(iii) and 3(iv).
1. The purpose of the mortgage must be to purchase a residential property, or to refinance or switch/transfer-in your non-Simplii Financial residential mortgage to Simplii Financial. The Offer is not available for mortgages transferred from CIBC or FirstLine.
2. The mortgage must be a 5-year Fixed Rate or Variable Rate mortgage and have a principal amount equal to or greater than $100,000. Mortgage must be funded within 120 days of application submission date.
3. Primary borrower or any co-borrower(s) of the mortgage must, by the last day of the month that immediately follows the month in which the mortgage was funded: (i) have or open a Simplii Financial No Fee Chequing Account (“Chequing Account”); (ii) have the mortgage payment made as a pre-authorized payment from the Chequing Account, with at least one pre-authorized Simplii Financial mortgage payment made from the Chequing Account; (iii) be enrolled in a payroll or pension direct deposit into the Chequing Account, with at least one payroll or pension direct deposit made into the Chequing Account; and (iv) have or open a Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa* (“Cash Back Visa*”). The Cash Back Visa* is subject to credit approval, conditions and other restrictions may apply.
4. The Chequing Account and the Cash Back Visa* have to be open and must be, together with the mortgage, in good standing and remain so until the Cash Reward is deposited.
5. Cash Reward will be deposited into the Chequing Account by the end of the month that immediately follows the date on which all applicable conditions in section 3 are met. For example, if the mortgage funds in October, the client must meet all applicable conditions of section 3 by the end of November, and the Cash Reward will be deposited into the Chequing Account by the end of December.
6. The recipient of the Cash Reward is solely responsible for any tax consequences associated with their receipt of the Cash Reward. Mortgages are subject to credit approval. Minimum principal amount for a Simplii Financial mortgage is $35,000. Not available in Quebec. Conditions and restrictions apply; ask for details. Simplii Financial reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a borrower has initiated and submitted a mortgage application for credit adjudication during the Offer Period. Offer and Cash Reward are non-transferable. Limit one Cash Reward per mortgage, per client.
7. Offer and Cash Reward cannot be combined with other promotional offers. Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Simplii Financial, in its sole discretion. Offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice, at any time, for any reason.
8. Other terms and conditions for Simplii Financial Mortgage, Simplii Financial No Fee Chequing Account and Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa* may apply.
‡ No purchase necessary. Open October 18, 2021 to February 28, 2022 to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Three (3) Prizes available, each consisting of: one (1) Tesla Model 3 (approximate value “AV” of each is $60,000). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Proof of meeting all legal requirements to own and operate a vehicle in winner’s jurisdiction of residence, including without limitation a valid drivers’ licence and insurance is required. Math skill test required.
Read the full rules for the 2021 Simplii Mortgage Contest (PDF, 150 KB) Opens in a new window..
◊ Special rates apply only to new mortgages of owner-occupied properties with an amortization of 25 years or less. Rates shown for the applicable term are Simplii Financial’s special discounted rates and are not posted rates of Simplii Financial. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time, without notice. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, cashback fixed rate mortgages, existing Simplii Financial mortgages or mortgage renewals.
APR means the cost of borrowing for a loan expressed as an interest rate. It includes all interest and non-interest charges associated with the mortgage. If there are no non-interest charges, the annual interest rate and APR will be the same.
Minimum principal amount for a Simplii Financial mortgage is $35,000. Mortgages are subject to credit approval. Not available in Quebec. Conditions and restrictions apply; ask for details.
†† High-ratio rates are available only for a new, high-ratio 5-year Simplii Financial Fixed Rate or Variable Rate Mortgage of an owner-occupied property where the principal amount of the mortgage is $35,000 or more and the amortization is 25 years or less. Rates shown for the applicable term are Simplii Financial’s special discounted rates and aren’t the posted rates of Simplii Financial. Simplii Financial reserves the right to determine, in our sole discretion, at what point in time a borrower has submitted a mortgage application for credit adjudication. All applicants must meet the Simplii Financial lending criteria, and mortgages are subject to credit approval. Rates are subject to change. The special-rate offer may be withdrawn for any reason, without notice, at any time. The special-rate offer can’t be combined with other promotional offers and may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Simplii Financial in our sole discretion.